Sandy 7/6 morning and evening

Got out early and fished til 9:30.

Same program... Landed 4 kings and 3 steelhead... Lost another 5 fish and had several empty releases...

Steelhead were jumping completely out of the water... Then had a rip on the dipsy and he ran out 100 plus feet on wire... Started gaining a bit and he straightened the treble hooks out on my meat rig... I had added an eagle claw laser sharp treble to help with hook-ups and that was a mistake...

This evening was slower.. did manage one nice king on a spoon, some small to medium kings and ended the night with a beautiful Atlantic... 

KIMG1248.JPG

KIMG1245.JPG

KIMG1246.JPG

Single treble on the meat rig was missing fish so I added an extra treble... I think adding a single hook in front of it would have worked better.. 

I'll try again with better quality hook... 

That spoon had been really hot especially for steelhead... Not sure of the name.. 

KIMG1239.JPG

27 minutes ago, Hamlin said:

Single treble on the meat rig was missing fish so I added an extra treble... I think adding a single hook in front of it would have worked better.. 

I'll try again with better quality hook... 

That spoon had been really hot especially for steelhead... Not sure of the name.. 

KIMG1239.JPG

Was running single trebles on my rigs and was having trouble last season. Got a tip to run 2 single octopus hooks I haven’t looked back since