Robalo 235 wa opinions

15 hours ago, hookedupf7 said:

I know this isn’t the best place to post but anybody running this boat on Ontario. Opinions? Of layout and quality for lake O?

I'm not running a Robalo brand but I am running a 23.5ft WA style boat. Personally I wouldn't go any smaller than 23ft for Ontario especially if you plan on fishing with multiple people. You can comfortably fish 4 people on that size boat, anymore than that and it gets a bit crowded. Boat is still easily manageable with 2 people and fishable solo if you run an auto-pilot.  I looked at similar style boats to the Robalo with the slanted "European" style transom and I didn't like the looks of them (seemed like netting fish off the back would be tough?), I opted to go with a more standard vertical transom style boat. After 4yrs of owning and fishing off a WA I can say my next boat likely won't be a WA style boat. I think too much room (width of cockpit and cuddy) is given up to allow for the WA aspect (bow access/fishability) of the boat which I never used. My next boat will be a Penn Yan Tournament, Sportcraft Fishmaster or Baha Cruiser Fisherman style boat.    

Edited by FishingFool34

Thanks for the input. I was looking at the transom thinking same thing. Currently dishing off 19 ft aluminum boat . Boat will be trailered so don’t want to go to big.  Not really asking about size because I know I will always want bigger. Curious on ride and how well the robalos are built more.