Garmin Sonar/chartplotter

Looking for a new FF/Chart plotter for my little boat for fishing small ponds in my area. I was going to just add a stand alone chart plotter but the selection is slim for these so I'm going to replace my current FF with a combo unit.  Anybody have any experience with this unit?

Thanks

New!Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv Touch-Screen Fish Finder/Chartplotter Combo with Garmin Navionics+ Mapping and GT54 Transducer

1 hour ago, FISHIN' ADDICTION said:

yes they are a great unit. I have 2 93 units and a 106 unit with 2 livescopes on my 17ft boat.  If you buy the unit dont open it until after monday.  Cabelas is running 15% off if you use their card on mondays but not sure if they will have the sale price still

Good idea. Thanks

On 11/28/2023 at 1:40 PM, FISHIN' ADDICTION said:

yes they are a great unit. I have 2 93 units and a 106 unit with 2 livescopes on my 17ft boat.  If you buy the unit dont open it until after monday.  Cabelas is running 15% off if you use their card on mondays but not sure if they will have the sale price still

took your advice and picked up the unit from the store today and saved the 15%. Thanks.

Question for you. The unit has a many prong connection in the housing the control or head unit plugs into. The housing has the 2 standard plugins for power and sonar. This is going on my little boat that is always trailered to fish and I remove my electronics to trailer the boat so they don't take a pounding from the rough roads I have to travel. on. For longevity would you recommend connecting and disconnecting the unit from the housing or from the two plugs attached to the housing?

Thanks.

I've never had a unit that snaps into a housing like that.

Edited by spoonfed-1