Olcott report may 22, 23, 24

Got on the water Fri afternoon around 3 pm and it didnt take long to hook up on a hawg wild diver. Turned out the first fish would have been the big fish of the trip if it hadnt got off about 20ft behind the boat, It was my brothers first king he had ever had on, pretty bummed I would guess it was probably around 20lb. Action was steady all evening between wilson and the red barn in around 170ft. Ended up going 10 for 15 with big fish being 18lbs. Seemed like everything worked if you were over the fish. Sat morning went right back to the same spot and started getting fish, action was real steady until the east wind that was already blowing kicked up a bit, could only get them to take it going with the waves. Around 9am it really seemed to shut down, ended up being 8 for 9 and big fish was 14lbs, that fish was actually the best fighter of the trip. Went back out Sat evening when the wind died down but went between the power plant and the microwave tower in 160ft of water, went 4 for 4 with big fish being 17lbs and headed in to watch the end of the penguins game. Sun morning went back to the power plant and ran into shaker city and only pulled two decent fish, ended up going 7 for 10 but did have one good rip. Ended the weekend going 29 for 38 fishing was great, Overall riggers and divers with spoons and flies were pretty even but I think some of the bigger fish came off flies on the riggers. I know my brother now understands what all the hype is about, hopefully we can get back up sometime in Aug to see if we can get a big boy. GREAT WEEKEND!

John H.