I fish Erie for eyes and run 3 rigs per side. all 3 of mine are 90 degrees straight out the side and parallel to the water. I run my short diver in the back with lite bite slide divers with this one set on 1.5 the middle one on 3 and the front one on 4.5. I set them all on my front one. if I let out 200' of line then I only let out 15' or 20' less line on the middle one the 15' or 20' less than the middle one on the back rig. I have been running my rods this way ever since I started trolling the central basin with divers.

but one thing I like to do to give a little more space in the line close to the rod tips is my front rod is 9' my 2nd rod is 8' and my back rod is 7'. I don't know any reason for having them tilted up unless it makes it easier to remove the rod from the holder with a fish on. with the cannon ratcheting holders I use on walleye it's no problem getting it out. I just lift on the rod and the holder ratchets to the upright position and just lifts out of my holder.

I have never tried using the slide part of the diver. instead, I use a 7" fluro leader tied to my snubber that's attached in front of the lite bite arm.