Billy V Wilson Report - May 23 & 24, 2009

The fishing continued to be fantastic over the weekend in Wilson. On Saturday we had a steady pick all day and ended up with a great box of fish. The big Kings were up higher today than they've been lately and our riggers 40-60' down over 120-180 FOW pulling DW SuperSlim Die Hard, Glow Frog, and Da' Shiznit spoons were the best producers for us. Best down speed was 2.1-2.3mph. Later in the day we got our Deeper Divers to go pretty consistently too. They were loaded with both Spin Dr and Pro-Chip paddles pulling a variety of Sigg's Rigs flys....Glow Ghost, UV Wonderbread, and Stainless Steel were the best colors for us today.

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

On Sunday I took my wife & kids out for a couple of hours and everyone got to play with a few fish. William caught the biggest King of his life on a DW SuperSlim Green Eye Glow Ghost fished 130' down:

DSC00374.jpg

Benjamin caught the first King of his life on a Superslim Purple Clown fished off of a rigger down 50':

DSC00377.jpg

And my wife Shelley caught her first wire line King on a Deeper Diver that was pulling a White Double Crush Glow Spinny/Sigg's Rigs Glow Ghost fly that we had parked deep at 350' on a .5 setting:

DSC00391.jpg

We didn't fish on Monday but it sounded like things slowed down a bit.

Good job Billy!!! Looks like you managed to find a program that worked! We struggled all weekend, going 3 for 3 most days with only a couple of bigger fish. It was TOUGH out there. Now this east wind is pounding us, we're hoping to get out a few times this week as we're here in Wilson until Saturday.

Nick

Sponge....Shhhhhhh!!!! It's a TOP SECRET fish attracting computer that we've been testing. Seems to work pretty good...just throw a lure or two in the water and these Kings just jump into the boat! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just kidding with you....what you see mounted below the center rigger is an old DART system that the original owner had installed. It was a trip computer of some sort that I disconnected as soon as I got the boat. Rather than take the head unit off and have a big hole to fill, I just left it on there.

BTW...in case anyone has been wondering how we like the new Cannon rod holders....in a word...SWEET!!!