Dipsy diver pull

11 hours ago, SmokeyNBandit90 said:

Anyone have an idea of what the lb pull a dipsy diver puts on a rod?

you might try Google or just a web search. why do you ask? if you run dipsies or any diver you want to start with 30# power pro braid at a minimum.

14 hours ago, SmokeyNBandit90 said:

Anyone have an idea of what the lb pull a dipsy diver puts on a rod?

too many variables that effect the amount of pull including speed, current, size of divers, etc. What are you using for rod holders? Maybe we can answer your the question on if the rod holders are good enough.

36 minutes ago, SmokeyNBandit90 said:

Monster steel rodholders i mean

they look strong enough however they lack the ability to stay at 90 degrees to the boat and that would scare me away. 

back when I first started using divers I was using the Cabelas quick draw rod holders I had been using for trolling crankbaits. and they worked OK but had a twist in them that scared the crap out of me. I couldn't afford to go and buy all new holders at the time. 

the charter we went out on to learn how to fish the central basin with dipsies. we went out with him for 2 days. he was using steel clamp on holders on his rear rail. they worked great. but during our 2 days, a few of them had turned about an inch on the rail and had to be adjusted back up.

. so I decided to make the switch so I would be able to make fine adjustments. they cost a lot more money than the Cannon. after using them a couple of times I realized I had made a mistake for me. I liked the one-hand Cannon much better than the extra stops., so now I use my Cannon and love being able to set the holder with only one hand while I have a reel and rod in my other hand.

I like the single axis best myself. they only turn 35 degrees each way and the double axis turns 360 but the single turn is much more than I will ever need. She can make small adjustments left or right to fine tune the angle of the holder. the double uses pins to adjust them left or right. if the next pin is too far then the holder isn't just where you want it. you could go back to the other hole but it wasn't right either.