Any recommendations for a good marine mechanic in wny area?

After a winter of getting various upgrades for my boat ready to hit the lake hard this season, finally pulled the boat out and fired her up for the first time and found the worst case scenario... the block has a giant crack in it. I did winterize it the same way I have the past 5 years with the exception of using a "better" antifreeze this year to flush any water from the system prior to opening the drains so I really don't know how any waylter could have been in there to freeze. Regardless it happened and now I need to "Bust Out Another Thousand" on getting the mercruiser 5.0 fixed. I've called a couple places trying to get some estimates but have had to leave messages at all of them and haven't heard anything back from any of them yet. Anyone know of any good marine mechanics that can tackle the job in the pt breeze - olcott areas?

I recommend Tom at East Fork Marine.  He has done a few things on my boat and a great guy in my experience.  Having said that right now is a very busy time of year I would assume for boat mechanics and likely why taking time to get back to you.  

• Like 3

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give him a call later on. And i understand that it's a busy time of year and I'm not faulting any of them, it is what it is. I know an engine rebuild or swap isn't going to be on top of anyone's list to do for a little while.

i would call or pm hank at L and M marine in port bay.hank is a great mechanic thats been working on boats for a long time.he is a moderator here on lou,so you can pm him.