i got i stupid question??????????

OK another stupid question,the camera at the oak says ENE wind but the cloudes are moving from left to right indicating a WSW wind in my little mind i call wind from the west a west wind not a east wind ,i have seen this on other weather related sites how come mr. wizzards ? il give the right answer person $1000.00............$1.00 a year for the next 1000 years (I won the polish lottery and will share it)

Guest ReelDiel

okay i'll bite...theonly good explanation i can give is from some trips on erie. we were fishing out of buffalo for bass with a steady west wind. good 2-3 and the wind was blowin probally 15-20. well were fishing and to our east a ways away were some terrible dark clouds..my dad was all worried about lightning etc....i told him forget about it(itailain voice). 30-40min latter that damn storm was sitting right on top of us and the wind never switched directions????? so maybe its like in the lake when you get surface and sub surface currents......sounds good huh!!!!

RD. maybe partially right ill give you $1000.00 but it will be a biyearly payment in other words ill give you my 2cents every other year for the next 1 million years ..... and whats with this okay i thought OK was OK not okay sounds kinda gay oookaaaay, stay away from my transom when your trolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately the typical wind direction gizmo can only detect the local wind direction & velocity at the height where it is positioned. If it is positioned at 50 ft above ground level at the Oak, it cannot tell you what the winds are doing at the 2000 ft level nor what’s going on in Oswego at the 50 ft level. NOAA utilizes weather balloons to study what’s happening in the upper regions & just about every whether station reports its own wind meter readings. It is not unusual to have different levels of the atmosphere traveling in different directions or in the same direction but simply at different speeds. The “Jet-Streamsâ€Â