Hot Lure: DW SS Fireball, DW SS 42 second

Trolling Speed: 2.3-3.0 sog

Down Speed: 1.8-2.5 mph

Boat Depth: 80-180 fow

Lure Depth: rigger 72' over 90 fow, rigger 62' over 120 fow

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished this evening - surprisingly choppy, especially when looking at the NOAA wave forcast. All fish were very healthy and released quickly. Every single hit but one came on our starboard rigger parked at 62', on a free slider rigged with a DW SS Fireball spoon. We lost 2 fish after some aerial action and two more hits with no-body home. We changed our entire program to a steelhead presentation using every different type of orange or red lure we had, but the only action was on the slider with the Fireball spoon.

I finally hooked into one of those mystery late evening "hooks" on the graph in 60-90 fow that we all see late in the evening - it was a skipper king on a 42 second spoon near the bottom. I'm still not convinced that all those hooks on the graph are silver fish.....

We fished 600' copper, 10 color core, 5 color core, one wire diver with a Spinny all without any action.

"Dead " lures - DW SS Dirty white boy, green goby, watermellon (thanks anyway Anthony!), Steelie Dan, bumblebee, dave's salmon slapper, orange crush, Area 51, green dot spinny/Hammer fly, 42 second Spinny/Fly, NK purple thunder, NBK, Bud lite, solid red NK spoon, gold orange crush, Gettr Dun, and a few others I can't remember.

Be back at it Saturday - weather/wave permitting (I heard 3-5 footers)

Good luck to all,

- Chris