Jax Olcott Report 7-20

Made the Move to Olcott Monday morning around 430 and fished from 6-noon. Had a solid bite all morning till about 930 when the wind started shifting out of the north east-east. Then we picked away at em till we went in for Lunch. Ended the day boating 22 and dropping 5 along with numerous drive bys and short hits. Fishing this morning was what keeps me doing this, days like this. Out of the 22 boated 8 were matures kings between 18 - 21 pounds , 5 steelhead that were 6-8 pounds including one that was around 10. The rest were smaller kings, 1 atlantic and 1 brown trout. The brown hit a 42 second spinny/fly off a 140 rigger, I happen to see a mark down 140 so I fired the rigger down and as soon as it was set, BANG---thought it was a big king by the hook on my Lowrance.......surprise 4 pound brown trout! :o

I ran 4 wire divers and 2 riggers, keeping one rigger with stacked spoons 5 ft apart in the colder water 48 degrees and fishing the other rigger deeper with a spin doctor/fly and spoon stacked 20 ft above that, wire divers on a 1 and 3 fishing 180 - 300 throughout the day. Highlights were 1 triple, and 4 double headers!! We lost a big boy in the 25 pound plus range at the back of the boat, along with a huge 15 pound steelhead that put on an airshow and got into both divers and took 2 spoons.

Hot combos for the day were 8" green pro troll with echip and Atommik Green Crinkle fly, Gator spin doctor and Atommik ultra green glow fly, Livewire Spin Doctor and Atommik Green Hammer fly, 42 second Spin Doctor with matching 42 second Atommik Fly. Spoons were Stinger black alewife, 42 second, Gator, Chicken wing

I worked off the harbor to just past the red barn and back between 120-220 fow, The kings are off most harbors now in good numbers, lets see some big fish pics start popping up on LOU!

Olcott is a great harbor with the state launch actually being worth the 7 dollar launch fee, class act attendants, great organized clean cleaning station with carcass disposal(for a small fee)Plenty of launch ramps and space for loading unloading. Very clean bathrooms with showers that are maintained! Great place to eat on the water where you can pull your boat up! It makes me kinda sad to see that - then think of the genny or Irondequoit charging the same fee for less quality and less amenities :( When was the last time you actually used the "facilities" at the Genny boat launch I forgot they have porta potties, and man I love using the cleaning station they have there....wait a minute they dont have one

Here are some of the pictures from the day

60975693.th.jpg

89414148.th.jpg

89932583.th.jpg

15532942.th.jpg

65902576.th.jpg

10271000.th.jpg

19856148.th.jpg

Awesome report buddy! I taught you well! LMAO

My only gripe about your report is it seems that you only post when you SLAM them! I didn't remember seeing a report when you (we) got skunked on your rig out of Sandy a few weeks ago? I mean I could have wrote something, but it was a trip on your boat. I didn't want to steal your thunder. Please be more consistent with your reports as it feels like your show-boating your skills.

Good luck the rest of the season! I look forward to bustin your nuts during the Oswego Scotty!

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

Great report, solid fishing. Dawn keeps Olcott in great shape, she deserves a lot of credit. I have been docked there for the past 3 years with no complaints. Now if the weather would cooperate !!!!

Shade