Species Breakdown: 3 Kings, 1 Brown

Hot Lure: Green Echip w/ Green Glow Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.7 mph

Boat Depth: 140 ft

Lure Depth: 85 - 95 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

What a great day on the big lake!! Hit the water at 6am and began to set up over 90 fow straight out in front of Port Bay. The screen was full of marks (bait & fish) 70 ft down to the bottom, so I started setting the riggers. Put the first one down 95 ft and began to set the second. Just as I had set the second rigger the first one fired and it was GAME ON! I had farted around with that second rigger line (re-tying, then changed my mind a couple times on what to send down on it), so I was over 140 fow when that one hit. After a good 15 minute fight I landed a very spunky (and slightly colored up) 18 lb king:

DSCN2048.jpg

The screen had consistent marks all the way out to 140, then went went blank. So after boating the fish I turned back south and the 85 ft rigger fired right at 140 fow. After a great run, it gave me a few good head shakes and was gone! The remainder of the morning continued the same way with hits coming every 15 to 30 minutes and mostly at the 140 fow mark. I really wanted to get back into the 100 fow mark where the screen was lit up when I first set-up, but the active fish out at 140 fow kept me busy enough! ;) Riggers were set at 95 and 85 most the morning, then when they went silent I pulled the 85 ft rigger and put out a wire line 425 to 450 ft. It wasn't down long before it got wacked!! First a small shaker that shook free halfway back to the boat, then a good rip without a hook-up, then the next fish was insane!! It wacked the wire so hard I thought my rod holder was going to break!! This thing screamed out to 750 ft on its first run and it felt BIG! :clap: I slowed the motor up and after several more runs and 25 minutes I had it into 220 ft of wire left, then it went crazy with huge head bobs and shakes and I felt the hook pull out... ;( I would have liked to have seen that one for sure!!

Today was one of those days where the fish would hit when I wasn't paying attention (under the bow looking for something, leaning over the back adjusting the motor speed, playing with my new GPS, etc...). Ended the day at 10:30 and was 4 for 10. I just couldn't keep them on today... but at least all my gear made it back into the boat!! :clap: They only wanted GREEEEEEEEN today: green echips with green glow, green bay packer, & green crinkle flies. Chartruse echip with hammer fly also took a few hits later in the morning. They also wanted my boat at 2.7. Any slower or faster and they wouldn't hit. Here's a few more pics of the kings and the brown on the back deck:

DSCN2047.jpg

DSCN2049.jpg

DSCN2050.jpg

I'm hoping to get out Friday with Woody off of Hughes for some slammin' king action!