(JR) : Fishing Report

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): (7/26)

Time on Water: (6:00 AM – 1:00 PM)

Temp/Weather: (85°F and sunny, overcast, )

Wind Speed/Direction: (sW at 10 MPH)

Waves: (1-2 Footers,)

Surface Temp: (68°F)

LAT/LONG: (GPS Cords)

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: ( 5 )

Total Boated: ( 5 )

Species Breakdown: (1 Kings, 3 Bows, 1 Brown,)

Hot Lure: (42 second Spindoctor with Green A-TOM-MIC Fly combo)

Trolling Speed: (2.5 mph)

Down Speed: (wish i knew)

Boat Depth: (200 ft)

Lure Depth: (40 ft 50 ft 60 ft 80 ft)

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Nice day to be on the water, Started to setup in 75 fow on a north troll and dropped riggers as we went deeper, took all fish zig zaging in 150 to 220 fow on a west troll each fish came at a dif depth took (1 Brown) (3 steelhead) 2 - 4#s 1 - 8# which put on a great air show, it hit the 40 ft rigger and and started to jump 5 ft in the air 20 ft behind the boat 7 times before it even tried to make a run but the best one was the 14# King that thought he was a 30# he hit the dippsy out 250 and went on a really good run non stop out to 625 :o and i didn't dare tighten the drag anymore than i had already did still could not get him to turn so we turned the boat and started to get back some ground on him after a few min and after a 25 min battle we all guessed it to be in the 20's but once it came into site we seen it was a lot smaller than we thought and by far the best battle i have ever gotten from a 14# King

JR,

Thanks for the good post.

I agree with you about the teen kings. They sure fight better than adult salmon (sometimes). You dont know what hit you until you reel in to find out it is just a teen king.

We went out yesterday morning 6 am to 11 am from 90 FOW to 185 FOW. We went 1 for 4 with #4 steelie and another salmon that I did not count because we lost this salmon just 10 feet away from the boat. My rookie friend who has never caught a salmon could not keep his rod steady. The Steelie took orange J-12 and the salmon took spin doc on 600' copper.

I was armed with information that the cold water was in on Saturday and planned to fish for the higher column. With the screen on Sunday, all of the fish were found at the bottom. Hence, I kept my riggers at 80 and 110 and adjusted upwards due to no bites. Only if I could finish the depth raider installation..... Boats were sporadic - no real pattern in specific area.

Best of luck next weekend.

Oh yeah YT, you re the man who taught me all about copper!

My rookie friend had a cigarette in his hand and quickly stuck it to his mouth before he started to reel in the 600' copper. Of course, he had to spit out the cigarette as he did not realize he had to turn the reel so many times to bring in a line length of a two football fields!