Mounting a Cannon downrigger on a Crestliner

Hello gentlemen,

Does anyone have an idea as to the best way to mount a Cannon Unitrol 10 on a Crestliner Sport Angler?

If anyone has done it ...pictures would be greatly appreciated if you have any.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Dave

Your best bet would be to put a track system down( Berts,Transtex,Cannon) so you could use rod holders, riggers and stuff like that so you only drill the holes you need for the tracks. i put them on this year and it's the best thing I have added to my boat.just make sure you put backing plates under the tracks to give them more support. Good luck

I have a 20' crestliner , wen I first installed my mag 20s I had to have a L shape bracket made to give the base of the down rigger something solid.Then last year I went to a Bert's track system with the 6" down Rigger risers , it has made life so much better

you can see the L shape bracket

15x4dhk.jpg

Bert's Track system --Love it

2ylk4zs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I will look into the track system. That is the way to go. I found a temp mounting system that works great for now. I took an old seat base and bolted the downrigger to it. The rigger telescopes over the side and it works fine. 3 lakers (all released) and one landlocked (eaten) on it's test run.

photo-11.jpg