Lucky Enuff report 7/25 & 7/26 & 7/27

Saturday: Fished the Little Salmon river challenge out of Sodus with my buddy, his girlfriend & my 10 yr old son. The one thing I found is things have changed since the Pro Am. Fish are around in Sodus...but not in the numbers of the week before. We had a nice day fishing strait out of port in 165 to 230 fow. Temp was about 60ft down, but the fish we caught were high and out of temp. Ended the day 8 for 11 and weighed in a 6 fish box of 105 lbs (165 points). Most of our bites were on the wire 150 & 170 on a 3 setting....couple on 170 on a 1 setting. We did take two deeper fish on 400 copper later in the morning. Our riggers were quiet, only taking a brown and one king 60 down as we were clearing lines to run in.

Fish came on white /green spinny combo's, gator spinny pulling Atomic pro am , Stinger Die Hard & a dreamweaver green goby.

Sunday: Didn't go out till 7pm (did beach thing with kids). Mission: get my wife her first king. We didn't have much time, so I headed strait out and set up a simple spread in 180 fow. Took about 45 min, but we got a small 8 lb king to grab a green glow fly off a green paddle 60 down on the rigger. It was the perfect first salmon for her. Soon as that was in the boat she grabbed the other rigger rod and pulled in a 4 lb steelie. We pulled lines and headed for port. Steelie took an nbk.

Monday: Headed out solo at 6am. Decided to go a bit east this time. Since it had been a wire bite for me, I opted for two wires and just put my rigger in the water for speed & temp. It didn't take to long and the 150 wire started screaming. I wasn't as interested in pulling in fish as I was in generating bites and trying some new combos. I was slow to the rod and it got off. Next hit was same rig....this one was hooked to well and I had to pull it in. At least it was only 10 lbs, cause netting big kings in my boat on the dipsey rod solo is a little too much like work :D Took one more hit on that rig (white/green spinny I taped pulling a green glow fly) and another on a gold/green spinny I taped up.

It started getting way to bumpy for one guy to run the bosat so I headed in by 9:30.

The fishing is great....call in sick and get out there ;)