I took my boss, one of our clients and a co-worker out after work for a couple hours, got a later start than I had hoped for due to an accident on the thruway having traffic at a crawl. We fished from 7:00-9:30, worked the inside to mid waters from 70-170 fow between the red barn and the microwave.

Pretty slow, we had 1 flurry of activity right at dusk in front of the microwave in 70-80 fow going 3/4 in a period of about 1/2 hour and that was it, including 1 double header. 3 bites on the 50' rigger, 2 on the R & R Spook on the main line and 1 on the nbk SS on the slider, landing 2 of em, both shaker kings (both clipped). One nice 18-20 lb mature on the green double crush glow opti inticer and green crinkle atommik 70 down on the probe rigger. The screen absolutely lit up with bait and fish right at dusk in 70 fow but we couldn't get many of them to go.

Beautiful night on the water. Looks like the moon is just about full, so if the sky is clear, I wouldn't expect much of a morning bite for the next several days.

Tim

Well, it sort of depends on the weather, if it's cloudy and obscuring the moon then it's business as usual. Since salmon are primarily sight feeders, if the sky is clear and the big full moon is glowing, the will feed all night, so come daybreak, the fish are well fed and there isn't much of a first light bite. Usually what that means is you can sleep in a little, because, they'll start getting hungy again late morning and there is a good mid day bite.

I've read over on the GLA website about guys doing very well fishing at night on a full moon on Lake Michigan, but I've never done it myself.

Tim

Thanks for the tip Tim...I'll look for your boat in the harbor and I'll have my big glow gators charged up! We reserved a dock at the marina and will camp at Harborside. Gonna hit it hard Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday morning.

Any tips greatly appreciated...I can reciprocate with Erie steelhead walleye info if you're down Cleveland way.

Jarrett