Next years BUCKS i hope to see.

CLICK ON PIC THREE TIMES TO MAGNIFY.

9 point & 7 point brothers

IDENTICAL TWIN 5 point buck brothers

4 point buck

All these deer are the 1 1/2 year olds

There seem to be alot of younger bucks around. Do you guys notice the same or is it were my cameras are (food plot & funnel trail spots & under oak/acorns)?

Bringley,

This particular spot is east of rochester /Ontario- Wayne county and the bucks are left alone to grow. That is why i asked on my other post (DEER Gene pool on property) if the odd racks should be taken or left to grow also? They grow REALLY fast horns out this way, guessing because of all the farms/food they have available year round. I am trying high protein/buck antler food plots to see if that adds to this. WAIT till i post some pictures of the shooters we left alone past couple years!!

Thanks for any advice, I will post shooter pics soon and will be checking cams later next week for updated pics.

JERRY

1 1/2 year old bucks are actually programed to relocate to new home territory (many miles away) soon after they loose their velvet (september). Sometimes it takes an extra push from mom to let them know they are not welcome there anymore. Its the whitetails way of protecting against inbreeding and help with better genetic lines. Alot of 1 1/2 year old deer you get pics of youll never see once the season comes.

Rob thats good to know. I can watch the cams and see what ones disapear first. I have alot of BIG 2 1/2 year old buck pics ( I just posted), do you think the predominant buck in this area will kick them out. Most of the 1 1/2 & 2 1/2 year old bucks are brothers (watch them grow since buttons)? All your info really helps me out here THANKS!!

JERRY

Most people believe that dominate bucks are territorial but its simply not true. Bucks will fight to achieve dominance but that doesnt nessasarily mean that a lesser buck will be pushed out of an area. He will just be lower on the ladder and he will prove "his" dominance over lesser bucks. Bucks establish a pecking order by sheer force my so by body size than by antler size.

Your "shooter buck pics" on your other post, all seem to be at least 3 year olds. Most bucks dont achieve inside spread beyond the ears till they are in their third set of antlers. The last pic in that post with the split brow tines i would guess to be at least 4 years old because along with points he also has some mass. Dont forget, all these bucks still have about a month more to grow!