Total Boated: lost count

Species Breakdown: lost count

Hot Lure: Carmel Dolphin

Trolling Speed: 2.5-2.9

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 470-475

Lure Depth: 30-70

====================

Fished off Olcott again this weekend, started inside and didn’t take any shots but didn’t see any boats staying either so we pointed north and kept going in hopes to find some active fish, in 330 FOW, we hooked up a big screamer on copper rig on a dodger and glow squid the fish broke the leader we circled once and nothing we kept going north and rods were pretty quiet then we found the mother load I believe we fished the 29 line in the 470 FOW range when we got there, we found debris and scum lines and wicked currents then all hell broke loose, from afternoon till around 7:30 we couldn’t keep our rods in the water, it was Steelie city with the average fish going 8-10 pounds with a few over, we didn’t weigh any but had 4-5 in the 31-33 inch range had a few real nice Coho’s going and the Kings were firing as well biggest one took a Carmel Dolphin DW off a fixed slider that fish went 22 pounds, had many other kings all different year classes, we kept our 12 fish with a mixed batch of big steelies, kings and coho. The hottest set up was by far a SS DW Carmel Dolphin on a free slider with a mag NK (color didn’t matter they wanted the slider) rigger was parked at 81, that spoon took a beatin Saturday with shot after shot, the color was the bread winner all around I guess it is a good colors on sunny days afterall. Throughout Saturday between our limit and careful catch and releasing of steelies and kings (fish in net standing in transom well between 2 outboards) we probably caught close to 30 fish or more and took in the neighborhood of 50 shots all together, action was sick we couldn’t even keep track of how many we caught.

Sunday we knew exactly where to go and got out there pretty early didn’t take long for rods to start moving and quick, we started off running mostly spin docs & fly’s and one 10 color leadcore. (5 rods total) First fish in the morning took a Moonshine Carbon 14 off the leadcore I was up to bat, fish was screaming hard I looked down and was in the 700’s mid fight on a turn at the fish we pop a monster coho now we’re doubled up, friend landed the coho in a hurry, awhile later I land my best a hair under 27, next a wire with a mountain dew revelator with a crazy B starts screaming we land another mature king after that it was more non stop action 42nd combo took 3 shots on a 2 off wire at 160 two solid kings and a big steelie then 42nd DW mag off the rigger parked at 46 takes a shot we land another mature sideways the free slider got wrapped around the fish it was meant to be I guess, we took a shot at 130 on a 3 that screamed off 250 and came up with a 20 inch lamprey that was weird, we don’t know if we snagged the lamprey or if we hooked the fish and the fish came off then hit the lamprey after the hooks pulled from the fish, left us scratching our heads that’s for sure.

We ended up with boxing out at shortly after noon with I think 8 kings 2 big coho and a couple big steelies with 4 solid kings, 2 solid coho and the rest good grillers and smoker fish we were letting steelies go trying to box out with all salmon but ended up keeping some toward the noon hour because we had to make it home at a decent time. The action all weekend was just ridiculous, you know it’s good when you don’t leave the back of the boat (Sunday I didn’t even change programs all 42nd on my side) and loose count of how many steelies you caught, lost and tossed back and when your fun fishing just looking for more matures, best trip to Lake O to date out of the 3 years I’ve been hitting it, my learning curve got shortened a lot this weekend and we went out and had the weekend we’ll be talking about for awhile, nice to be on my buddy’s 24 Express Rampage as well a lot more comfy for all day fishing instead of my 21 ft Ranger walleye tourney boat, glad I talked him into dragging it up there for the weekend.

You guys are spoiled rotten, we have a sick walleye fishery and steelie fishing is awesome too but the fishery that Lake O produces can be just out of this world.

By the way we just used the legal limit charters fish older, we didn’t fish with them.

The size of the steelies below, we must have caught 10 around this size. and the one pic shows 13 fish, we were taking pics at the end of the day as one came in it hit the floor for the pic and it went right back in, I know how some guys are about pics and I'll clear that up right now before I get harrased.

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

48677526.th.jpg

37064482.th.jpg

57524106.th.jpg

44371980.th.jpg

43790593.th.jpg

99578763.th.jpg

85115081.th.jpg

That drive from Ohio keeps getting shorter and shorter doesn't it K-Gone?

Keep it up and you will soon lose your affinity for fishing in incessant 2 to 4s (or more) to reel in dirty socks, that taste really good, but just CAN'T hold a candle to a 20# something King rippin' off hundreds of feet of line in the same amount of time you can reel in an 8# 'eye.

God Bless Lake Ontario!

Yeah the sickness is starting to get to me real bad in more ways then one...I love walleye and got them figured out so well as you know and love my Ranger but everytime I go to Ontario my mind starts to wonder real bad and find myself looking at carolina's, rampage's etc and think how I can tourney rig one for around here and get a big boat to do all the things I need a walleye tourney boat to do but have it be trailable and versatile to fish Ontario, next thing you know I'll be jumping into the Pro/Am's on Lake O. You know how I love the compentition :yes:

Now I have to plan for Hogfest and where to find more big wet socks ;( I've made 3 trips to lake O this year might try and sneak in 1 more but my woman's patients are wearing thin and so is my time in general, don't know if it's in the cards or not.

My Vectors do look sweet on the 621 though! and work very well