I have been thinking about trying something different, Storm wild eye swim baits for browns and salmon. I think for browns the 3" size would work great. I want to try the 4" for salmon off a rigger but i don't know if the hook penatration will be good. Any thoughts?

Chris,

I ran one in a natural color for Browns the year before last. It was an all day bite for us of about 60 browns and it took a couple fish but no where near what we were hitting on sticks and spoons. Clarke and Smitty was out with me in the morning and Jan, Fred and Ron were with me in the afternoon. Haven't run them for salmon because the ones I had had lead inside them. Would have to run them straight I guess.

You going west for the LOC?

Glen

Last Saturday at the Buffalo Small Boat Harbor, a couple fellows filled a 2 five gallon buckets with nice perch using bright chartreuse twister tails. They were suspended about 7 foot down below slip bobbers. Another guy using minnows didn't catch anything. The new scented plastics could be the next big thing. I remember when the first Rapalas came out, you would do anything to get one. One camp in Canada would rent you one for $20 a day, but you had to give a $100 deposit. True story. I know several guys who take Lake Trout regularly on white twister tails.