HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION!

Well , It wouldnt be right to leave everyone waiting plus i'd forget the day by day excitment if i waited too long. Day 1 :went 200 mi to view rocks from underground (Howes caverns) kinda cool but they look the same and they wont let you touch any,just go outside with a colored light and look at a pile of rocks it will save you 20 bucks a person and no one goes buffy style in 52 deg temps.That night we stayed 30 miles from there in the middle of nowhere nice campground with a really cool stream in its backyard.( Nickerson campground ) wouldnt mind going back due to the potential of big walleyes and many state parks with bike trails. Day 2: arrived at the cape after crossing a couple tight bridges and roads but so far much worth the few tense roads with a 33 ft camper in tow, arrived Sweetwater Forest Campground what another great place just like pulling into a different world with big treed sites and spacious conditions .Day 3:Went to provincetown 1 day before the carnaval (um gay )parade ..Less than 2 min from the parking lot i got my first hit due to the wiffy being 10 ft in front of me. Needless to say I ran and grabed her hand and never let it go till we got back to the car. The sites were quite entertaining with many helpfull men using the buddy system to stay togeather ,many had beads on there necks dont know how they got them but i heard "ring toss" would qualify you for as many as you could support ,boy some of those guys must really be strong. Then the wiffy and i went to eat on a balcany style resturant overlooking a poolyard we we the only guy,girl couple in the resturant and looking at the pool area below i think it would of been easy to pick up a chick there were only 2 (waitresses) girls but the 200 guys there paid no attention to them. We hit a couple beaches and a lighthouse on our return trip,but ive still to find that elusive clothing optional beach.

Day 4: we hit the bike trail (part of one of many)17 miles wore us out even tho their mostly flat and 2 lanes 8ft paved trails but the 85 deg morning heat only got worse by 11 am.

Day 5 :it happened i took my canoe out in the bay and fished ,fished ,fished first cast had a "Blue"slice my ell in half then nuttin till 11 after 5 hrs of hunting i get a small 15lbish striped bass ,pretty cool from a canoe,but a lot of paddeling for one fish. But i only saw only 1 other fish caught (small Blue) and there were boats everywhere. Today we stoped at all 500 gift shops on the cape so i might get another day off soon. Ok Ok boring stuff but this place is so great i felt you all should know that Cape Cod is a must do family vacation spot(maybe not "P" town),bring your bikes,camper,canoe, kayaks,.oh yea get a 45.00 season pass for the national beaches (6 of them) or pay 15.00 a day each that way you can check em all out and not pay out the butt.(no pun intended) No town beaches we visited yet collect the daily 15.00 fee after 4 pm so you can enjoy a few hours of wading and watching sunsets at no charge and there are hundreds of beaches here most not on maps so ya gotta do some exploring.

So if you can put Cape Cod on your bucket list,make camping reservations a year in advance (maybe pushing that a little) grab your sunscrean and swimsuit (unless i locate that special beach).............Now were hunkered down for "BILL" couple hundred miles off the coast but makes for some cools waves at the closed beaches... ill try to post a few pics

Maybe we should of gone shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so we go to nauset beach to check the wave action (honest) due to 8ftrs no one was supposed to go in the water..............well wiffy and me were 1/2 mile into our short troll when i mentioned look at those stupid kids wading out well shure enuf there they go under i call 911 and as i see the life guard getting close enuf to back me up i went in and pulled one 19 year old out the other made it on his own ,he was totally played out but responsive ,we managed to get his lungs as clear as we could without a asperator and kept him stable till the rescue vehc. showed and took to hosp. SSSSSSSSSSoooooooo then on the way back to the camper we pull into a little fruit stand and as we getting ready to leave a near head on occures in front of us ...........Back into rescue mode for the second time in 1 hour as i rush 15 ft to tha aid of 6 more people cutting the hot wire on one car as elect smoke was filling the car and i didnt get the last guy out due to possalbe major injuries luckly a doc.was at the stand also and took over the medical needs as i finished up with being traffic cop till the read deal showed up.so the wife and i came back to the camper to change our near craped in and wet shorts ....so were off to the orleans marsh to relaxe for a while ..............I HOPE!!!!

Ray,If you go to Wellfleet harbor,take a little road north from there and you will find a small bridge at the very north end of the harbor bay.The road is called Chequessed Neck Road,or just Neck Road.

That little bridge has some great sea perch and striper fishing with the incoming tide.As the water comes into the riverside. There is no issue with waves or storm.

I had good luck there using a bobber or just a very small sinker and letting the current carry it. The preferred bait was seaworms and sand eels

DUDES ,today I bought my first BOOGIE board and its SICK,i got the biggest they make due to my hight to weight ratio. Spent a RAD day hitting the leftovers from hurricane "Bill"..The first slide was awsom tossing me belly first into the beach at 20 mph (glad they got a wrist band). That was sorta like running and jumping on a hudge sheet of 40 grit sandpaper left some awsome skidmarks (on the front for a change).Also this manuver will put sand in every orface of your body in a flash....But the skanking 64 deg water and leaving a blood trail every where i went didnt slow me. I pushed the pedal for 2 .5 more hours .. did manage to TAME a few 6 to 7 ftrs but couldnt grab a curl maybe next time ILL CATCH THE PERFECT WAVE.. P.S. note to self buy a shoortie wetsuit before getting in cold water ...Was hanging 11 for a short time but the cold water reduced me to hanging 10 in a few minutes.Gotta hit the hose and reclaime 5 lbs of sand from the drain ...hope youall have a AWSOME NITE ,,,,,COWABUNGA MAN!!!!!Still i missed the beached whale i heard people shouting about everytime i hit shore and im baffeled why the kids pointed at me and exclaimed mommy look there is a walking sandbox!