Total Boated:8

Species Breakdown: all steelhead

Hot Lure: NBK - Glow Frog - purple Thunder

Trolling Speed: 2.5 - 3 mph

Down Speed: wish i knew

Boat Depth: 180 - 210

Lure Depth: 50 - 65 - 90 was the best

====================

all steelhead were in the 5 lbs range and one that would had been around 10 to 12 but was lost due to a newbe with the net and quickly learnd what not to do :lol: #2 was lost due to a broken swivel and #3 when the treble hook came off the split ring during the fight :o never had that one happen before and still know how it happend and that was a brand new out of the box spoon, and #4 just spit the spoon back at us right at the back of the boat .

All & All it was a fun day and now have 2 of my buddies hooked on trolling .

Good luck to everyone fishing the LOC

John

====================

That sounds like a great time spent on the water.Certainly better than my lure washing experience this Saturday.

The stone quarry you work at,is that Dolomite on Whalen road?

Cornelis.

Jr,

Great report - glad to hear you nailed 'em. We've lost two fish this year b/c of split ring problems. One was a lost treble hook, the other from the ring slipping off the end of the spoon (I originally thought the ring broke, but it likely just slipped off)

Since this experience, we always "double check" our spoons before they hit the water and we noticed a few weeks ago another treble hook was starting to slip between the rings much like when you take your car-keys off a ring.

I don't know how this happens but I it makes us look at the spoons a little closer (we also had a defective VMC treble hook which was brand wwhere one of the hooks was actually slightly broken in the middle).

Good luck,

- Chris

We had the same trouble with a swivel as you did. I've been seeing NBK alot. Can you tell me what that is?

We did one 19lb king and three steelhead yesterday. Had my 16 year old son and his friend out. They had a lot of fun with the king.

Good Luck