Lucky Enuff Mexico Report/ Oswego Scotty

I had the pleasure to fish this past week with several LOU members in the Oswego Scotty. Rollie (final flight), Anthony (Pike Hunter) and Brad (Nemisis....but also goes by guy). As a group, we had a great few days, but as a fishing team we pretty much tanked. I gotta take the blame as captain. We just couldn't find the eating fish. We had a decent Pre fish Friday, landing several decent fish and "captian donkey" dropped one on the wire after an 850 foot run. It got us (me) wrapped around some buoys in front of the nuke plant. Fish took a white spinney pulling a Big Weenie green glow fly.

Saturday and Sunday were tough for us! Took some risks and ran a few times only to have the fish shut off just as we arrived.Only managed one king and a laker Saturday and one king Sunday....niether was over 15 lbs :( Everyone worked their a$$ off...pulling our spread to run a few times and busting their tails to try & catch fish. It just wasn't meant to be :( We just never seemed to be in the right place @ the right time) We Fished in Mexico bay north beyond Sandy pond. It was tough for most...only one team boxed both days...congrats Striker on an impressive win!!!

Thanks for everything guys....hope you had a good time ;) I know I did !!

It was great meeting you guys. Thanks for all the effort . I'm to tired to give a more complete reoport.....maybe tomorrow !

looking forward to the report - sorry you did not do as well as you would have hoped, but there's always another event down the road!

seems like the fish are very sporadic this year - like you said right place right time kinda thing

Ahoy Captain Rod,

Thank you for the great time on your boat. Please dont be too hard on yourself because we gave a 110% effort and we all knew how difficult fishing were for both days. We tried everything including the kitchen sink.

This has been a great learning experience for me and I am sure the same goes for the rest of the crew.

I look forward to fishing with the gang again in the near future. Thanks again for everything.

Tight lines.

Anthony

It was a true pleasure fishing with you and the rest of the crew Anthony! We did give it our all. I'm not sure I've ever been more tired after a fishing tournament. I really look forward to getting together with all of you again.

Fishing was tough, but a few teams found the feeding salmon and they deserve a pat on the back for a job well done. I'm a tad bit discouraged that I couldn't get us on the fish, but It's just been that kind of up and down season for us. The fact that even Thrillseeker and other top teams put up a zero on one of the days tells you how hard it was if you were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

On Friday we found fish in front of the nuke plant in 95 - 100 fow. Saturday most of them were gone....and the temp dropped by 20 deg. We took a laker and one king pretty early but our picture was gone. We noticed many teams running past us, and I was told they were heading to Sandy pond. We decidred to leave our few fish in hopes of finding bigger fish and bigger numbers. NOT.....we ran to Sandy Pond and set up...trolling with Cold Steel, Thrillseeker, Screamer, High Voltage and others. I'm thinking we made a good choice, but it turned out the fish shut down by the time we all got there and we, nor the other teams did hardly any fish. Cold Steel ended with 3, Sctreamer (going under Primetime name) had 2, Thrillseaker got zero and we did 1. So...I didn't feel so bad.

Sunday was more of the same. We ran to North Sandy pond in a tough cross chop, so we didn't arrive until 7:15. We set up in 120 fow, planning on trolling in and out till we found the fish, but traffic made that hard to do. We were in the wrong place, but finally we got a tip fish were a couple miles from us so we picked up and ran. We found fish out over 145-150 fow. we picked up a king on a chrome paddle pulling a mirage fly and lost a burner on the 400 copper and had one more shot on a rigger before we were out of the fish. We should have turned and worked those fish, but it was 11:30 and we were out of it so we just continued pulling our 3 rigger, 3 copper & 2 wire rod spread south and had a blue screen untill we pulled lines at 1:15

Still had great fun and we are already making our plans for next season. One bright spot was the boat made the whole tourney season without one mechanical problem... :clap::clap: