Surface Temp:around 75

LAT/LONG (09-10 West-26.5 to 32 North):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:17

Total Boated:13

Species Breakdown:Kings all sizes to 17lbs, small cohos, Steelhead to 8.5 lbs

Hot Lure:Day one- orange/gold Doctor spoon/ 42 second NK28 spoon/ day two Pro king regular in green & silver/ glow ladder back

Trolling Speed:2.7 GPS

Down Speed: N/A

Boat Depth: 160-540

Lure Depth: 60 and 90-105

====================

Had fun with my Daughter, Amanda, and her boyfriend Dan for the first weekend of the LOC Derby. No spectacular winning fish but had a steady pick of fish both days with a hot spell around mid to late morning turning on for about an hour and then it would slow down again for us in the afternoon. Most fish were caught in the deep water 300 ft and out to 31 lines and beyond. Had a double hookup for some excitement and a couple of fish hit rigs as they were being deployed, one on a diver going out on a slow click drag, a coho probably down only 25 -30 feet over 80-90 FOW. Was marking a lot of fish in that zone early in the day but did not target them for we had :cash: on the mind and wanted the BIG one. Took a King at 60 on the rigger. That was the only fish to come that high on the riggers, everything else was 90 to 105 down in depths over 160 feet or more all the way out to the 31 lines where we got chased off by the water spouts :o and storms coming from the west with 35 kt winds on Saturday. Sunday the Steelhead gave us a lot of fun, one taking the Pro King regular spoon on a fast drop off the Scotty heading for 105 ft down, when all of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye I spot the steelhead rocketing out of the water behind the boat, and I'm like, what the heck :thinking: ? Ok now I come to realize that the fish has the spoon and the rod is slack from going down and I reel like a madman to get some line in and see if it's really hooked or not. Yes it is :clap: ! Now it's gone whacko jumping several more times for a show. We ran a five or six rod spread. Spoons did most of the fish, The Pro King spoon was a sale item at Cabela's and It turns out to be a real good addition to the arsenal as it took most of the shots both days, Flasher/fly combos were pretty quiet. Saturday was 5 for 9 and Sunday was 8 for 8, with a couple knockoffs. The 10 west 26.5 to 27 lines were the best for us of the two days.

Mark

====================

aVgj_uA.jpg

Amanda's 8.5 lb steely

64749761.th.jpg

Her 17lb King

53942935.th.jpg

Group shot at Skipper's Lodge (AKA Mark's garage or hide out :o )

kinda makes those 100,000 miles a year worth it ,see what 6 rods can doo for ya! Hey you didnt invite your daughter and friend just to run 4 more lines for the derby did you.??????????? MARK SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! (whats there number if i get up there next week)....