erie canal walleye bonanza

davej6225

been catching a decent amount of walleye out of the erie canal lately most between 4 and 7 pnds pulling them off of slopes and breakwalls. been in the lockport area in the spillway where ive seen most of the action. purle/wht rapala deep tail dancers an firetiger reef runners aslo hot pink at night.best days have been over cast with light rain.

Thats great! I used to catch them on the Erie canal years ago. I believe they used to fill the canal with some water from Lake Erie. I used to see many caught in the Greece NY area. I actually caught one in the canal a 6-7 lber this spring. I am glad to see they are still in there and growing.

george

Great report Dave. I have only managed 2 walleye this year myself. The 1st on Coneseus I had to let go it was one week before the opener! :devil: The other was on the canal in Macedon. I caught a 7lber there last year but have not done so well this year. I know of a coulple of guys that are keeping everything they catch there and I wonder if that has anything to do with it???????? Anyway thanks for the report. As always Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

New to forum. I just started fishing again for walleye this season. Had not done any for a few years but my nephew finally talked me into getting back out. Aqueduct Park in Macedon is a very good spot for them. We were them the other afternoon and were getting them drifting nightcrawlers . :)