Cayuga 9/2

Well, we were going up to Port Ontario but a cow issue came up that ate up the 4-6 am time slot, my three sons were still game for an outing so we headed to Meyers. Started off by one of the boys putting the plug in the live well hole, had to pull the boat/ start over etc. Got out off T-falls over 300 FOW,had fish & bait and Dad (me) gets ready to put on a show. 1 hr later (didn't read Bill's post till just now) but w/ a very similar program to what he must have run, and an incredible zip! I was stunned. Moved in to West side into 120' and got one truly massive laker (12+) on 10" purple/crush glow spinny w/ mirage fly, 180' out on the mag wire, then a couple good lakers in a row on a gold hammered Mauler out on 200' copper board line(couldn't really figure that out but hey what the heck, I got the kid's attention now). Worked my way up towards Kidders & got one on the bloody death spoon down at 70' over 140. Crossed & checked out the middle again on our way over to scope the AES stretch, got another good laker on the big purple flasher/fly again. There was a fair amount of weeds around the plant so we headed back towards T-Falls. Finally I said to myself hey if it's a purple day let's run it. That's when things really got cooking. Ran 600' copper, 90' rigger and both wires w/ 10" purple flasher/ fly combo and various purple flavored DW SS spoons, the purple stuff took our best Bow and Salmon of the year so far + a bunch of big lakers anywhere from 350-150 FOW, mag wires at 320-180' out on 1.5, down speed 1.9-2.3 . One of those day's where you say to your self; that was pretty weird, but I'll take it!

A foot note for guy's getting started: I started out on 9/2 w the following program;

2 mag wire dipsy rigs, set on 1.5 w/ 1 out 180'-white crush smart

fish/crinkle green and the other 250' out white/green dot spinny

green&white siggs fly.

2 short riggers down 90', DW SS feelin Irie, & 100' Mtn Dew

spinny/mtn dew pulse fly

2 out down riggers 60' ,DW SS watermelon and 70' Crazy *****

spinny & fly

I cheated the spoon rigger w a stinger chicken wing slider

1 200' copper w/ gold& green hammered mauler off an inline board

1 10 color w/ Blk/silver rapala off an inline.

I couldn't believe I didn't get a hit after 10 minutes since this general approach has clobbered them since July. Changed speeds, cut across bottom contours, raised & lowered riggers,increased leads, etc. Then changed 1 spoon or flasher at a time untill things began to crank up. Was it actually changing the colors that made things click or did I just finally run into some receptive fish? Well, it doesn't matter! You gotta do stuff that keeps you interested in being in "hunt" mode, changing small things and looking for patterns-it keeps you alert and increases confidence- which in the end is the most important thing to have on your boat! Purple didn't save the day-enjoying the challenge of getting into them did!

"By George" Cowder I think You Got IT ....well the fishing program any ways ,now were gonna work on your cooler DANCE (netting), I think doing to "Hokey Pokey" will add some excitement to your next video..I know the hard work a farmer puts in to survive in this life ,and as a ingester of your efforts ICE CREAM i thank you for your contrubutions to my diet ..sorry about "bessy" hope shes doing better . Your a diminishing breed in these times ,,A good man, A great Dad, a HARD WORKER , and a pretty good fisherman :lol: , so ya gonna lable the livewell outlet and the freshwater inlet on the back of the boat :rofl: ,,PS ,id love to come over and play in the poop for a day with ya i was in F.F.A. fer 3 years and got me a tractor driving certifacate driving the old "Farmall" , then this winter we can grab our families and head to Harrisburgh in jan. Great Job !!!!!!!!!!! PSS. i know how to milk the chickens and feed the cows ??or is that the other way around????????????