Hi ya Chris

I pretty much fish with riggers. just started to use a diver but nothing yet.

Ok, how far behind the ball are you lures? The watchword of late has been "get them away from the boat". with riggers i go will long leads. i use mostly spoons and above 50' i have them back 125' behind the ball. I shorten that as i go deeper. but not less then 75'

Second. your line. are ya using a invisible type line? fluorocarbon type? that made a big difference with me.

Next I would have to say speed. Run the lure along the side to make sure it has the right action.

Have ya got a graph? if so watch it to see where the fish are located in the water column, not forgetting to let out extra cable.

Lastly, some times it just bum luck. I have a friend that has far better equipment them me, has taught me how to fish the big lake and for the last 2 days has only caught 2 fish. Some times they are not biting.

Good luck, keep trying! Hopefully someone with more wisdom then me will add/correct what I have said.

Mark, Buckshot.

Hey . New to this site. I am in the same boat as you. We are set up with good equipment. We have been going to Ontario for 4 years now and haven't done well. We go once or twice a year. In the last 4 years I think we have caught about 4 salmon on our own. Last year we rented a charter boat and caught 7 kings. He helped us out some asked alot fo questions when we where out their.

I read alot of stuff on this site the last couple of weeks, and put that with the charter boat info. Yesterday we went out and caught one king, and lost four. The moral to the story is that it takes time to learn. Ask alot of questions and stick with it. I would recomend getting with a charter for a day and really pay attention and ask questions. It gets frustrating when you are out their and boats around you are hammering the fish and you can't get a bite

Try to get the dippseys going also. they work well from what I see