Well there are plenty of Salmon in the Bay now.

No shortage of boats either.

Saturday morning I went way up north looking for fish because of the number of boats that were in the Bay. Vistied a couple of my productive spots from past years and was pretty dissapointed with the results. Very few fish in them and we only ended up with 3 Kings and a Rainbow. Coming back to port I stopped short and set some rods. We were marking alot of fish but didn't have time to work them because my buddy had some plans I had to get him back in for. Went to bed seeing slamming rods and screaming drags for early Sunday morning. Even called my friend Kremer01 who was fishing with me today and asked him if he could show up earlier than planned because it was going to be a blood bath and we would be done early. Oh boy, did I end up eating those words. We started out were I had planned and the friggin screen was blank. That particular area was stacked with fish Sat. afternoon. Fished for awhile and pulled rods and started heading further North. Within a couple miles we found them and set back up. Went over fish after fish after fish with no takers. Plenty of interest but no comittment. Swapped lures, changed colors, changed speeds and did nothing. Man was I getting pissed out there. I just plain sucked today.

Boats all around us were taking fish and I couldn't get connected.

Well after about 5 hours with only one nice King to the back of the boat I even knocked that one off with the net. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. LOL.

Anyway there are alot of fish in the Bay and I even left you my share today.

It was good to have you back onboard Rod.

Feel bad about the results though.

Happy fishing

Glen

haha bananas!

we had banana strawberry yogurt, banana splits, banana chips, wore banana suits, had the yellow rods out and put down some yellow dodgers and flies....

Glen it was a tough day with the wind, waves, rain and tight lipped fish. but it was better than staying at home working on the to do list from wifey :lol:

I ran overe to the salmon river at the ballpark and black hole for a couple of hours to see if they were in there - nope.

Did see a couple porpoising in the black hole and a line of snaggers - i mean fishermen - downstream in the rapids, but NO ONE was catching them. :no:

hey Glenn how about the temps, sat we had 47 sun it went to 66 deg with the west wind. we did the same thing. we got into a ton of cohos sat south of the river with a ton of marks, set up there sunday and nothing. we stayed in side sunday and had 8 on from 630 to 10 am. couldnt keep them dang cohos on like the pro am! (tried your secret ho lure out there some sat in a derby we were in nothing lol) good luck!

Jeff.

Jeff that coho rig will still work good.

Got to upsize the flys and then give them a try. ;)

Only Bananas on the boat was me going there watching those fish steak away from my spread. There was enough fish in there, and not Cohos, I should of been able to take a half dozen by accident.

Glen

LOL. Looking at past results Jan I would have to give that one a big ole NO.

Sell it to Scott. :rofl:

I'm pretty sure my bad day was caused by the inconsistant speed. I had to run north and south with the rest of the fleet and we were taking them broadside. The rods on the down wind side of the boat were going to fast and the rods on the up wind side of the boat were just kinda hanging there going to slow.

The Charter boats are alot heavier than mine so they didn't have as much of a problem. All three of the captains I talked to that did real well said their speed was critical that day. The only fish I did connect with was when I went past the fleet, trolled out and back in with the chop. I was able to maintain a somewhat consistant speed. Probably should have stuck with that troll but there wasn't no where near as many fish there so I went back in to the pack.

But thanks for the advice. LOL

Glen