Summerville pier night fishing

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:subject: Summerville pier Night fishingPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:52 am

Night fishing at the summerville pier last night and early this morning was a little slow, but is sure to pick up over the next few nights. I had my first Salmon hook up within 5 minutes after getting an egg sac in the water. The fish ended up coming off at the pier while trying to net it, but was still an awesome fight. I attempted throwing 3/4oz glow in the dark cleos for a while without a single strike. There were a few fish hitting the surface, but not like it will be once they really get going. My fishing partner and I had a couple more takers on the Egg sacs, but only ended up landing a large15lb plus laker. That was a shocker to me, but very welcome at the same time. We saw a few other anglers have fish on, but none netted. I was there from about 11:15 pm until 3:30 am with about a dozen guys on the pier and my laker was the only fish that I know of that was netted (and of course released). After Talking to the other fisherman on the pier the general consensus is that last night was about the same way that it has been for the past couple weeks, with some nights being better than the others. I am sure as the nights are expected to cooler in the next few daws, the bites will increase. For now it seems that the sacs seem to be the way to go, but don't rule out trying the cleos. One last note to all before I close out here; could we all please pick up our garbage and take it with us when we leave please? There is no reason that if we carry it out there that we can't carry it back off with us. Good fishing to all and hope to see you out there enjoying this awesome sport. I will be giving it a go again tonight, but will have the girlfriend, which is a first timer, so lets hope it picks up a little.

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS