Cayuga 9/16

Bobber

Frustrating day yesturday. I had a Humminbird 565 (I think) fishfinder that I've fought with most of the summer. It would work perfect around home (30-40 fow) but up on the fingerlakes it would crap out occasionally and lose bottom. I upgraded to a Humminbird 788c sonar/gps unit recently and decided to use my old transducer just to see. New unit started doing the same thing. It would work perfect and all of a sudden the depth would come up to 6" and the surface would go red with clutter, but after a few minutes it would start working again. So, before I came up yesturday, put new transducer on that came with unit, worked perfect for a couple of hours, then started doing the same thing. But, a little while later, did something new, sonar went completely blank and depth number started flashing. Tried everything I could think of, couldn't get it back. Called Humminbird from the boat, they're sending a new transducer, so I'll see if that's the problem. Anyway, in the short time it was working, loads of bait and fish down around 70' in front of T-Falls, couldn't get any takers. We fished blind for 8 hours from T-Falls up to Sheldrake and down past the salt plant, both sides, middle, couldn't put anything together. Dropped a small rainbow at the back of the boat, and found a dink salmon once when we picked up to change our program. After reading Rollie's report from the day before, they musta had sore lips! :devil:;)

Kyle