Simrad Auto Pilot

Frisco

I have a AP 12H and it's giving me fits.

It keeps dropping out of auto into standby, the voltage and connections are fine and it's hard wired off the battery

Simrad replaced the computor and now the pump won't make a turn to the port side.

They recommended sending the pump & computor back to be tested. According to Simrad there could be air in the pump which I doubt because it steers perfect.

How does yours work?

I'm ready to trash mine and start over with a Raymarine!

I have the AP12 H and it's been flawless for 4 or 5 seasons now. I couldn't be happier with mine and it gets a lot of use. Nasty seas included.

Obviously theres a problem with your unit. I would take them up on their offer and send the whole unit back to them. If they get it straightened out you will end up with one nice AP. I know it's a pain in the a_ _ but once in a while you end up with a bum unit. It happens but it sounds like they are standing behind their product. If it makes it any easier I know quit a few guys that are also extremely happy with their Simrads and no issues. I"m pretty sure yours is the first problem I've heard of.

Good luck and don't give up yet.

Glen

Another very happy AP14R fan. I have put mine through some serious "testing" fishing in some big seas and it has been great. The only time I have issues is when I should be driving anyways. :lol: I would definatly send the whole unit back and see what they can do to correct the faulty unit.

They were very fair with me on the customer service end, very willing to help and stood behind their product. Good luck and keep us posted with your end result. :yes: