Fishing boat re design

fish

I have an older lund that is need of some overhaul. I want to move the console towards the front and needs a refresher for the steering mechanism. I typically take it to a local marine, but I am curious if anyone knows of a hobbiest that can move steering and console to open up the stearn of the boat to open it up so I dont have to dance around the console and seats to get to my downriggers.

you can do it yourself! its a project but will be a fun one! Sounds to me like you better get cracking. cabellas has good deals oon new steering cables and what not if youre moving the console. Good Luck. Show us Some Pics.

I moved my starcraft's a bit foward but because of the livewell could not get it as far as I wanted too. Still the 6" I got gave me a lot of room. I now have the seat behind the consol NOT held down so I can move it when and where ever I want. This comes in very handy when I have to work on some thing under the consol. I slide it up too the consol and bungie to the wheel for long trips. Just a few thoughts good look and have fun.

I couldn't believe how much easier it was to fish out of my 16.5 Alumacraft Side console after I took out all but the drivers seat. There is still the carpeted side bench over the live well for an extra person or two to sit on, heck that's where most people sat anyway.