ice

huck10185

I think the ice will be ok through this weekend (there was a good 16+" on Saturday). The warmer weather should take care of the slush & water crap on the top. Just be careful near the edges, anywhere remotely close to bubblers, and other places that tend to open up first in the bay - exercise the usual ice safety skills and test the ice often when heading out. I will be heading out tomorrow PM and will give an ice report.

Just got off ice along Grassy Point, ice is still 12 to 16 inches but there is about 8 inches of water on top and a heavy slush on top that. It is very tough walking and I have seen a lot of guys walk 50 feet out and turn around and leave. The fishing has picked up a little. Good Luck

Chaz

Hit the ice after work today for a couple hours. No pike, but found some decent perch - 15 keepers (10"+) and had a dozen or so other keepers to the hole that spit the hook at me. :$ Slush is going away :yes::yes: but still a few spots with 12" to dredge through. Still a solid 14-16" of ice under the slop. Noticed open water showing up in the usual spots (north end of LeRoy Island, Under the bridge going to LeRoy, north end of Newark looked open, the channel at the south end is all open water all the way to the Bay Bridge), would be willing to bet 2nd and third creek have some open water too, so please exercise caution this weekend!! 8)