garmin ?

Rob I don't have it just wondering what "chip for the lake" you are talking about. I'm not 100% sure but the best I can tell a Navionics chip will NOT work in a garmin. Just found this on the Navionics site:

Will Navionics Charts work in my Garmin plotter?

A: No. Garmin used to license Navionics chart data sold as G-Charts. Garmin now uses other data sources. Please contact Garmin directly for charts for your Garmin unit.

Expand Your Memory

Storing data is easier than ever with the 76CSx's removable microSD card. This included blank card stores up to 128 megabytes (MB) of optional maps or other data. The card slot is located inside the waterproof battery compartment, so you don't have to worry about getting it wet. When navigating on the road, the 76CSx provides turn-by-turn directions to your destination. It also accepts optional preloaded microSD cards with MapSource® data for your off-road or marine excursions.

The last line states you can get an optional microSD card with MapSource for marine excursions. Not sure what that is all about have to do more research on it.