Alcoholic Beverages on-board...what is the law?

how else can you respond to a question like ,here officer take my keys ill walk home even though were 5 miles off shore,a few more beers and im shhhhure i cccccannn do it.uh before you leave whereees shore...ok im a idiot sorry tom 146306,i suppose if you were anchored with the intent to stay put for the night just leave the keys outa the ignition,it would be no diff than my yunger days in the back of my van.just make shure before the party begins your anchored in a proper area with correct anchor lighting,but those floating barge parties are bound to end before the proper sobering time has passed ,so i think you would be pushing the envelope to tell the visiting sheriff you are just floating along wiht the currents...that would be a DWD....drinking while drifting a very serious offence,specially in the shipping channel..........................DUDE was that a fart,no man it sounded more like a fog hornnnnnnnnn...........

• 4 weeks later...

just so you know..each beer raises your bac.02. a normal liver removes .02 per hour. 12 beers in 8 hrs puts you at .08.could be a problem legally in the boat or in the car on the way home.