engine mount trolling motor

I had one on my boat but just sold it since my new boat has a Terrova up front with AP. What do you want to use it for, I know trolling but what target speed and species. What size boat do you have? weight?

I wouldn't put a dual headed motor on the back if I where you. good chance you'll rip it off.

I have been thinking about installing one on my 22ft Starcraft, my thought is that if im setting lines in the back of the boat and i have the autopilot on i could adjust my speed from the rear of the boat. Anyone ever try this? Sometimes my throttle is a little touchy to dial right into a certain speed.

I really like the Engine Mount Trolling Motors. Don't have to remove it all the time to prevent it being stolen. BUT- never buy a brand called "Navigator". I had constant trouble with Navigator and gave up and bought a MinnKota. Haven't used it yet-just bought it-but I'm confident the MinnKota will be better from what I've heard. By the way, I used a 55 lb thrust on a 19 foot boat and was happy. How big a boat do you have that needs 165?

I had a 101 36 V on my 21 ft Ranger. It worked great for slow trolling cranks or spinners at speeds of 1.7 and under going with the waves, if you turned into the waves and had to turn up the juice it really killed the batteries if you trolled with the waves I could fish for 10 hours. Running the 36V set up with 3 optima group 31's I could do this. It's only going as good as the batteries you put to it.

here are some pics of the motor mounted on the back of the boat. The reason the duel head motor is bad, nothing is blocking the water from hitting it, with a single set up the water from the big motor blocks water from getting to it. the double headed motor they are off to the side causing alot of pressure, I talked to some guys who had major problems.

The minn kota comes with a little dial box with a 18ft cord you can have anywhere in the boat, allows you to dial in your speed to the tenth of a mph or whatever it's infinate not incremental no notches if that makes sense. So if your surgin with the kicker or big motor this let's you dial it right in just to where you need to be, great for doing that as well. I've even ran it in reverse trying to slow down on Erie in big swells while spinner fishing in the spring.

qFLHr.jpg

Look behind my buddy with the fish, you can see it hanging off the motor.

TA42i.jpg