Cracks in pastic

bluewater

I was wondering if anyone knows of any type of sealer/filler for small hair line cracks for plastic. I have a few small cracks in the floor of my boat that I would like to try to seal or fill to prevent it from getting any worse. Thanks for any info.

It is located in the corners of the floor near the back of the boat and I think the floor is plastic. I don't think there is any type of coating on it, it just looks like white plastic flooring. It's a bayliner trophy.

yes, goingagain2, my trophy was the same way. it is a gel coat. they are small, almost like a hairline crack. you can try to cover them up, but they will coem back. just clean the boat well, and teak some wood, and you wont even notice :lol: plus, if you get that fish blood everywhere, its a good coverup

Marine-Tex putty. Wait until it warms up before using. For fine spider cracks in the gelcoat, don't worry about them. The Bayliners have a thin skin and are prone to cracking in overstressed area like around cleats. If you fix the gelcoat without fixing the problem the cracks will return. With cleats you could put stainless or aluminum backer plates.......if you can gain access to the spaces :@ . Unless the cracks are big enough to allow water to get in and ruin the balsa core, I might just look the other way. These type of dings, you will want to fix. Apply putty and sand flush.

Picture190.jpg

Picture191.jpg