Species Breakdown: I think it was a small atlantic less then 20"

Hot Lure: small dreamweaver perch colored spoon of the DR

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 1.8 - 2.2

Boat Depth: 8 to 25

Lure Depth: 6'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

I took my 9yr old son Cam and a good friend and his son out for a early morning shake down cruise. The water was pretty clear I think I should of went west the water looked better in that direction when we were coming in. I ran sticks off the boards and small spoons off the DR's. I am very new at this early spring stuff but i did manage one fish for my son to reel in and as I said above i think it was an atlantic if I can get my friend to send me the pic of it I wll post and you guys can tell me what you think. We did release it and it looked pretty good when it swam away. It was a nice morning on the water and everything worked well so it was a success.

====================

Hey Gene,

I'm new to the Sandy Creek area this year, wife and just moved up to Bergen this past fall. I was out on Sunday in my little green boat for a few hours. I ran stick baits, #9 and 11 rapalas. Best color was perch. Given the conditions on Sunday I'd say if you stayed near the crick plume your were deffinately in the right place. Although the south wind was spreading the warm water aroun a little more, and also spreading the fish out. The west side of the channel had some decent color too, but the temps were a little cooler. I think you got the right progam to start with, maybe some adjustments, like depth, lead length, speed vs. lure size. I run a similar program on my big boat this time of year. I hoping to be in the big boat this weekend, 21' tan sportcraft. Say hello if you see me.

Hi Jolly

Sounds good! I live in bergen as well it is a nice town. Give me a yell on the radio usually monitor 72 and 68. Not sure i will be out this weekend if I am it will be Sunday morning depending on weather/wind.

Take care

Gene