Red Cross Fishing Tournament

Its nice to see how local fishing events can really help out the community and the annual Red Cross event is one example. Here an article from the D&C this weekend talking about the big fishing event going on today. I was curious as to how many of our own LOU members participated in the event? I know Rebel Fishing Charters does this every year as a way of giving back and helping out. Anyone else on LOU participate?

(May 10, 2007) â€â€

I think Rebel did a 4 or 5 in the morning shift and the afternoon it got really bumpy out there so they stayed in tight. They only had 2 or 3 hours to fish the afternoon and I don't think they got anything that shift. Overall, I heard they had a good turn out but the weather was a bit tough on the fishing.

The morning was good fishing but a little choppy. The winning king in the morning was 21lbs. 10oz. In the afternoon, the lake layed down and the fishing was slow. The winning fishin the afternoon was 10lbs. 12oz.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know the results of the 2008 Red Cross Derby? I heard there was an article about it in the D&C but couldn't find anything. I had a chance to talk to Jerry (Rebel) briefly and heard they did good but wasn't sure on any other results. Any other LOU members fish this one?

Thanks -

Chad