Happy Summer Approaches!!!

Hey all. I just picked up the boat the past weekend and cleaned her up to get ready for a new season of fishing and can't wait. That said, a few questions and thoughts for the LOU crowd.

First, and most importantly...am I the only one who finds our local offerings of fishing boats in the western New York area weak at best? This is most likely the last season on my current boat as I'd like to upgrade and the wife would like a boat with a few additional creature comforts. I've spent hours looking at different boats online and find a bunch of reasonable options in the 24 to 28 foot WA and Express layouts viable, but every time I have bothered to try to locate a dealer I come back empty. Sure I could consider pulling a boat up from 800 miles out, but that would make dealer interaction and servicing impossible. I'm really getting frustrated. I'm figuring that a few here must have had the same situation over the years and am wondering what you have done... Anyone know of a boat that is still legally/reasonably towable, reasonable for fishing and had an enclosed head and small galley that can be found anywhere around here?

Examples of some boats I've found interesting that you can't get here: Wellcraft 270, Century 2600, Pursuit 255, Cobia 256

The boats I found at least are a day drive away: Robalo r265, Campion 682

Secondly, as a kid we used to go up to Sodus and just kill em (Bass/Browns/Some Steelies, 60 to 100 in a day) in May, is it still alive up there? I'd like to take my dad out and do it up but I hate to disappoint if that area is now a goner...

Give Tim a call at Krenzers marine in Sodus Pt. He has a lot of boats for sale and the service is second to none. 315 747 9942

I am sure after this coming sunday there will be more Fish reports! Keep an eye on the new tweets section that is going to start tomorrow on here as there will probably be some reports taking place... :clap::clap: