Hot Lure: Green/silver Storm TStick

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 12ft

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

We decided to go to the Oak Friday night so we could get some sleep verses leaving the house at 2am to get there by light. Planned on getting there at 10pm to Captains Cove. Well that changed about 10 miles from the Point Breeze Exit when one of the trailer tires blew. We decided to head to the closest super Walmart to get a new tire and beg the manager to put a tire on for us. Found the closet Walmart in Irondiquiit. When we got there all the associates were telling us that they closed in 10 minutes and no one could help us. We talked to the manager Bob and he agreed to get us a tire however he would not install it. So after 20 minutes in Walmart parking lot we got the tire on and went to get air. Tire beaded up great however the Valve stem he gave us was the wrong one and leaked bad. We were able to slow the leak to a slow bubble. Grabbed a can of fix a flat and headed 30 miles back to the boat. Got it changed and went to bed at 12:30.

After a rough night and thinking the tire was going to be flat we grabbed the boat and headed to the lauch to our surprize the tire was still fully inflated.. We launch knowing it was windy (15 MPH) and only going to get worse. We set lines out the shoot and headed west. After about an hour the wind was picking up and we decided to turn around and head back to the dock. Made the turn and the port side out rigger snap out FISH ON first of the year. My brother grabbed the rod and landed a 6lb brown.

We got the break walls and started pulling rods and the weather turned from bad to worse. The wind picked up gusting to well near 30+mph, started to rain sleet and snow. Load it on the trailed and headed for breakfast.

Overall it was an ok shake down. Went 1-1 and no issues on the boat. Looking forward for the 2010 season.

Has Been, Believe or not it getting a spare tire and rim was on my list to do for friday. But running around getting the boat ready, over to the code enforcers office to get building permit, back over to the pool company and then finally finishing up replaing my electrical box in my house. I just ran out of time. NOTE TO SELF, Take of stuff that will cost you the most time.. lol