Struggled this weekend

jf5

From what I heard this weekend in Mexico Bay the south wind Friday night took all the color away. I had heard they smoked them friday, and it was everyyhing they could do to generate a bite on Saturday. With the lake blowing northwest this week hopefully it will set back up again with some color.

In that case where the water is clear dont hesitate to move out to some depper water maybe 30 to 40 and put your rigs on the bottom. A lot of times BT's will slide out a bit when the shore water is Gin Clear.

Brian

From what I heard this weekend in Mexico Bay the south wind Friday night took all the color away. I had heard they smoked them friday, and it was everyyhing they could do to generate a bite on Saturday. With the lake blowing northwest this week hopefully it will set back up again with some color.

In that case where the water is clear dont hesitate to move out to some depper water maybe 30 to 40 and put your rigs on the bottom. A lot of times BT's will slide out a bit when the shore water is Gin Clear.

Brian

Thanks for the tip but I am fishing from shore, not a boat.

I did my shakedown run this weekend and tried a few things. I did notice that the surface temp along the shoreline from the LSR up to the Salmon River in about 10 FOW didn't fluctuate much and was in the 55-57 degree range. I know you say you are fishing from shore, but I can't see the temp being that much different. Hope things turn around for us this coming weekend!

I did my shakedown run this weekend and tried a few things. I did notice that the surface temp along the shoreline from the LSR up to the Salmon River in about 10 FOW didn't fluctuate much and was in the 55-57 degree range. I know you say you are fishing from shore, but I can't see the temp being that much different. Hope things turn around for us this coming weekend!

I hope so too. I am supposed to be up there for 3 days this weekend with a friend. Considering a cancellation to save me the $$ and 5 hour drive.

With the sunny warm up on the forecast...not looking good. :(