Cayuga Friday May 7th

Pretty tough afternoon. Was out for about 4 1/2 hours and only boated 7 for 9. One was a nice 8.5 lb laker and lost a slightly bigger one at the boat.

I did have a weird one though...I was reeling in my last line for the day, it was a Spin Doctor/Fly combo and when it got about 5 feet from the surface something slammed it hard. It was only on for about 1 or 2 seconds and I have no idea what it was. Anyone ever troll a flasher fly down 5 or 8 feet? I have never tried it.

Anyone going out Saturday? I'd like to hitch a ride if anyone needs an extra fisherman??? PM me or text/call my cell at 585-703-4465.

Wayne

Here is that 8.5 lb'r that my buddy caught today.

shpl9.jpg

Also fished today.South end from about 6:30am - 1:00pm.Caught many short LL and one short brown.All down around 25' over pretty much all depths.Then dropped the riggers down 80 and 100' over 130 FOW.Caught one nice laker and had another nice fish on that got away with my spoon.Trolled back to shallower water and caught a few more short LL down 30 to 40' over 40 - 60 FOW.Black & white silver spoon did most of the damage.Speed was 1 - 2 mph.