Brand new rookie

Name: Pat and Nita Toupin

Home Port:Watkins Glen NY

Boat Name/Type:OUT4TROUT/18' Starcraft center council, 115 hp yamaha OB.

I fish for:trout, salmon, walleye, stripers

==================

Just bought a boat after many years of being off the water. Grew up in northern Michigan on the great lakes. This is the third boat I've owned, but my first try with down riggers. I've always pulled copper, flat lined, or used boards. I probably just dated myself with that...lol! Anyways, glad to find a forums this helpful(love the share a seat section).

Welcome to LOU, I started with rocks and spear like Muskybob, but prefer the downriggers now, that old stuff still works too. You'll get use to them and yeah you can teach an ol' dog new tricks.

Welcome to LOU, I started with rocks and spear like Muskybob, but prefer the downriggers now, that old stuff still works too. You'll get use to them and yeah you can teach an ol' dog new tricks.

YEAH, you shoulda seen Larry's face when I showed him FIRE and how to cook fish. He's still in awe of my cooking abilities. :lol:

Welcome to the site. Lots of good folks here more than willing to share knowledge. Take it all in, but don't believe half of anything Larry or Ray k. has to say. They're kinda umm, touched ya might call it.

Glad to have ya aboard ;)