First timer, will do electric, want two for the stern and one each for port and starbord, Walker, BJ, Scotty, or Cannon. Like to have some serious input for you. I have read past posts but am interested in temp at the ball that walker offers. Are other ways less or more effective and which temp systems are the best . Belt driver vs gear, auto stop or not, single rod holders off the stern and doubles on the sides ? Five foot booms off the stern for outboard well reasons and fout foot off the sides or two foot off the sides ?

Positive Ion , I understand its adjustable but is it on all the brands ? Whats with 20 lb wts. everything I read says 8-12 depending on depth. Current on the lower reaches is that much a factor ?

Thanks

Gene

I had Cannon mag 10's for years. Most people seem to have good luck with them but it I had a lot of trouble with the short stop circuit boards. I switched to scottys and I really like them. In my opinion, you want the 5 foot booms on the side also to give you more spread between your side and back riggers. My boat has an 8 foot beam. I run my back riggers angled so that the pulleys are about in line with the gunnels. That gives me 8 foot between the center riggers. I run wingers on my side riggers. I have the Depth Raider for down temp and speed and like it a lot. I run 10 to 13 pound weights. I haven't tried the bigger ones although I have been considering trying some 15's. As for the positive ion control, Cannon is the only one I know of that offers this. Hopefully if someone knows of another brand they will correct me. I had it on my mag 10's but it wasn't adjustable on mine. I have no idea if is really catches more fish or just more fishermen. How do you prove something like that? You can also add the Black Box from Cabelas for a little over $100 if I remember correctly. I've considered adding one but I wish I had more info on whether or not it realy works.