Hot Lure: NK watermelon & white hoochie mama/white fly

Trolling Speed: 2.4-3.1

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 220-350

Lure Depth: 35-140

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Mike and I set up in 250 fow running two riggers with sliders with spoons, and two wire dipsies- one with a white hoochie/white fly and the other with a green dot/white spin doctor with a green fly.

There were quite a few boats out deeper (350-450 fow), but were pretty quiet on the radio. Not much was happening for the first hour. But then we started to mark fish 30-45 down, and brought one of the riggers up to 70. Almost imediately, the rod popped, and Mike brought in a nice 5 lb. steelie that hit the nk watermelon. What an acrobat!!

We set back up, and the same rod popped again, and I brought in another steelie (maybe 4 lbs.) on the same lure!

Then the wire with the hoochie mama starts screeming, and about ten minutes later, Mike brought in a 20.1 lb. king.

As we were getting the king out of the net, the other rigger rod popped, and I landed a 6 lb. coho that hit a nk rainbow? on the slider.

We decided to bring in one of the wires and put out a 5 color lead core with a kevorkian. Within five minutes, fish on! and Mike brings in another 4 lb. steelie.

Within the next 45 minutes, we brought in two more steelies on the sliders (about 3 lbs. each), and one 10.3 lb. steelie on the lead core!

About 11:15, we decided to call it quits, and headed in. All in all, we had a great day. I can't remember a day when we boated all the fish we had on!!

Weather permitting, we'll be out again tomorrow.

Good fishing,

Jim