Hot Lure: Green Echip/Green Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.2-3.0

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 160-220

Lure Depth: 130-160

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fishing in our area is fantastic right now!! :yes: It could have been a banner day, but we had a hard time keeping them buttoned today. Started off setting up over 140 fow and before I could rig the 2nd rigger, the first one fired with a small king that we dropped behind the boat. Reset that rigger, got the 2nd one down and the first one fired again-nobody home. As I reset that rigger the other one fired and felt like a decent laker (dead weight), but dropped it before it reached the surface. We then continued a steady pick at 'em through about 9am when the bite died for a bit. Then about 10am, our 450' wire rod got SLAMMED HAAAAAARD and as I grabbed the rod it got slammed again and the line went slack - wire broke!! :@:@:@ That hit like a monster king! It then gave us a huge goodbye splash way back behind the boat. ;( Between 10 and 11 the bite picked back up, but it was getting HOT out there and my dad wanted to get back to the air conditioning, so we packed it in for the day. We ended 5 for 12 with 4 kings (3 to 10 lbs) and a beautiful 7 lb steelhead. Will be out for a few hours on Wed morning then planning on going out all day with Coup and Woody on Thursday.

Nice going Tim. Our day was about the same. Mike brought out his grandson Lee, and he soon had a sour left arm!

We set up in 160 fow and followed yesterdays line. Within ten minutes, the wire dipsie with a white hoochie mama/white fly started screaming. it was set at 420 feet, and in about ten seconds, it was at 520 feet! Lee played it back and forth for about nine minutes, and had brought it in to 380 feet, when the hook popped and the fish was gone. I would have loved to see that moose!

We ended the morning at around 10:30 a.m. with 5 steelies between 4-6 pounds, and a 16 pound king.

Best lure was again the NK glow watermelon for three of the steelies and the king.

Jim