1st place rainbow red cross derby

th_0711100900.jpg th_IMG_11501.jpg th_IMG_11511.jpg th_IMG_11521.jpg

well it goes like this me caleb(my 15 year old) sam and charlie are fishing the derby on cayuga,primarly jigging.saturday we fish fom 5am til noon boat 30-35 fish.1 3.3 lb LL rest lakes one 9.4 lber.we come in me and caleb run to watkins to weigh others get lunch goin at snedacres campground both fish make board but wee optimistic.head out for the evening troll at 4 oclock catch 5 lakers all under 6lbs.sunday morning start jiggin at 5am south of sheldrake i land a 8lber at 7am ,7:15 charlie lands a 6lber.at7:30 caleb lands a 10.48 laker that ends up seventh.at 8 a troller comes up by fightin a nice fish and i tell the guys they gota nice one on,couple seconds later charlie says it must of got off i look over at them and the guy smacks the rod off the water.at that time caleb yells i got the fish now,2222222seconds later it jumps 3 fet out of the water on the other side of the boat then its back on his side jumps four more times i'm a nervous wreck cause the fish is s fresh on top of he water jumpin like a marlin,caleb my 15 year old fought it like a champ into the net 1st place 7.66 rainbow. four fish caught two by caleb that made the board .thank you to everyone. i'm the happiest stepfather in the world