Waves: 0-4's depending on day

Surface Temp: 72-78

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 100 between all 4 days

Total Boated: at least 50 with skips

Species Breakdown: 7 browns, 1 laker, 6 coho, a bunch of steelies, the rest kings

Hot Lure: Billy V Green Ghost with Green Dot Spinny (AKA Green Goblin) NKB Spinny with Crazy B Fly. custom R&R white back spoon, Tranny.

Trolling Speed: 2.6-3.4

Down Speed: 2.9 - 3.1 at ball

Boat Depth: 64-255

Lure Depth: 45-70 most of trip temp seemed to be best 50's- 60's

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Had a great 4 days, my fish and days all ran together

Fished from 7- 4 (had to run wires out and get set up for salmon first time out this year) we probably took 30 shots a great mix of 1 and 2 yr old kings, some nice steelies in the 3-7 pound range and some nice Coho nothing huge out of those species though Our 3 nice fish were, 1 over 20 (22 if I had to guess) came on a Michael Jackson spin doc and ATM fly off the rigger (hit 1 second after dropping it and running it through bait with a huge hook running though it…gotta love that!) and the other 2 were nice teenage fish, both off wires parked at 170 and 185 off spin docs and ATM fly's. Thursday we worked and pulled fish in 2 main depths 201-207 earlier on and 74-79 afternoon to late afternoon this depth took the nicest and biggest fish, and in the heat of the day…weird.. perfect screens with monster bait balls, hooks and great temp the temp band was between the 50's and 60's down ALL our fish came from within this band the entire trip. 3.0 at the ball going west did the best.

Friday, we fished 15-16 hours. It was our slowest day and rained for most of the day which kind of sucked but after the heat we dealt with I wasn't ****ing. The king action slowed to a crawl only taking 1 good fish in 210 FOW and the rest of the day we picked away at 15 or so bites a lot of skips but we boxed 5 nice browns with the biggest at 11lbs which actually would be sitting around 7th-9th place in the LOC derby (depends what it would have weighted on LOC scale) if we would have gotten in. We also took a nice Coho at 11lbs as well and the rest of the browns were nice little 3-5 pound footballs. We really tried some different stuff to get something going but the king action just wasn't there for us maybe it was the rain and overcast I don't know, judging by what we saw and heard at the fish cleaning it wasn't much better for anyone else but we still caught fish and had a blast. The big brown was the fish of the day. We fished 55-270 FOW.

Saturday fished with Shade you guys may have seen that report and pics so won't post all that again good day in the rough water.

Sunday - Slower for us, since we had great action in 150 Saturday we started in 110 and crabbed it north, action was slow but we ended up getting 2 nice browns, one low teen on wire with the NKB and Crazy B fly…again and 5 skips to end the trip. Had a big king come off the leadcore at 150 after it shot out a bunch of line after getting blasted (cranked in over 350 ft of line) ohh well it was the only nice fish we lost the whole trip…it would be our last as well. Also caught and Atlantic (released very well), we let go many many fish carefully throughout the trip that one hit off the rigger and did a few nice jumps. white backed NK as seen in the pic. Awesome looking fish.

Good times and boy is it easier fishing with a speed and temp probe but I wonder if I'm doing myself a dis-justice by not running any baits in the ice water looking for a big bite??? The bait and marks were all in temp though and I caught there.

qDQ49.jpg

qDXyA.jpg

qD_2J.jpg

MhKQ9.jpg

I love the big browns! I have put in quite a bit of time fishing for them and have never caught one on the lake!! Over the 4th of July weekend my nephew caught a 10 lber on Erie on my boat while we were fishing walleye. "Go figure. I can catch alot of steelies and some salmon, but no browns on Ontario. I think we are making another trip to Olcott this weekend. I would like to put in some time for browns. Do you have any tips such as spoons, speed, depth or anything else to help me out?