Hot Lure: NK28 That spoon

Trolling Speed: 2.0 - 2.2

Down Speed: n/a

Boat Depth: 175 - 185

Lure Depth: 57

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Out solo again this morning and it was another quality trip. Started slow ( didnt move a rod for first 45 minutes ) but then things got better. had 3 kings ( one upper teens and 2 juvies), 3 Steelies ( 5 - 10 lbs), 2 Cohos ( one about 8 and one real nice one closer to 12) . All fish except the larger king came on a NK THAT spoon set at 57 feet , 33 back. That spoon also took 2 other hits where fish was out of water in back of boat at virtually same time the rod released and I never caught up with them. Gator SD/Atomik green crinkle at 81 took the larger king - it also took one other hard hit but when i got there no one was home.

Hilite of the morning was landing both ends of a double ( the larger king and a mid size Steelie)

Headed home for 40th reunion so wont be back out til next week

The big question in my mind is ' is less more?'. I have been fishing alone in my little multi species boat with simple electronics and 2 mini mag DRs . If I had been out in the sport fisherman with a bunch of guys, fishing multiple lines with a full electonic suite would I have caught more fish??

Great job out there today! Congrats on your successful double all by yourself!

Ted - I had the same question about whether one catches more fish while fishing alone as opposed to catching more fish with the group. There will be days when you catch more fish while fishing solo however I have learned that fishing in the Lake O may be most effective when fishing with a team. I would have never landed that monster king had I fished alone.

Also, I have read from others that the more commotion you put out there, more lines with more flashers, it brings more attention from the fish toward your boat.

When you get back, lets PM each other for some open dates.