Hot Lure: Watermellon. off the riggers

Trolling Speed: 2.4

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 120

Lure Depth: Had 100 feet of cable outon the rigger

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Started with a slight chop on the water out of the south that died away. Trolled east in 100 fow from Hughes running 1 rigger and one wire out 330'. Had a Watermellon NK on the rigger with 100' cable out, back 35 feet behind the ball. Didn't even get a chance to sit down. Boated a 8lb 10oz king. Reset it, just sat down and it fired again. Took off screaming then the line broke! ACK!

After awhile the wire fired with a 4lb 4oz Steely. While bring that one in the rigger went with a skippy salmon. Got everything reset then had the rigger fire. Look like a nice steely jumbing then he spit the hook.

Had something slam the wire, scream and then was gone. Was just about to pack it in when then rigger fired again with a 5lb 8oz King.

Question: Is it me or does it seam that the flea's have calmed down? I didn't spend as much time cleaning lines as I did 2 weeks ago.

Good Luck to all those in the Wayne County Pro/am this weekend!

Mark/buckshot

• 3 weeks later...

I fished Hughes today for the first time this summer. We had two releases for Browns in 70-80' on downriggers with purple/black stick baits. We boated one about 8 pounds and had one break a line that was similar in size.

We fished from 6-11 today, and I also noticed that the fleas were much less than past seasons. Maybe a 1/4" of them near the swivel and another by the ball. Not bad at all. Hope to get out again next weekend.

Tom